MISSION STATEMENT: (Ethics)
Primary: We expect the best from our staff, and students to ensure competency, through every step of their learning.
1. Skills and Aptitudes (Dexterity and Application)
2. Emotional Stabilities (In regards to public safety and respectfulness)
3. Mental Capabilities (Observation of comprehension in regards to fundamental and/or advanced theory and regulations)
4. Conscience (Intents and Motives to achieve license, under a rating process … not always guaranteed!)
Secondary: We admit, and appreciate, that a Level One beginner's license (or an enforced re-evaluation of) is often a "stepping stone" to higher-level licenses required throughout the depth and width of Transportation and Distribution fields. We, as tutors, must have competence in both experience and theory within, at least, two levels above those which we intend to instruct. We must comprehend the fundamental, or minimum, license requirements of labor equipment and transportation trucking, of protective services (i.e. Fire, Police, Ambulance), of heavy industrial loaders and carriers, of sports racing and entertainment speedsters, of manufacturing and industry lift and motorized carts, of courier, taxi and limousine, and all regulations concerning civilian passenger and family vehicles. Nor must we favor one financial group of individuals over another. Some will apply license purely for recreation, others will apply license for work. Some will have the income to buy expensive, and other, lower incomes, will be limited to second hand sales. Some will see vehicles as "tools", and others as "design" advances. For this reason, a rating system must be comprehensive enough to give a result of proficiency in four "basic" classifications, with which to present, as an assessment of both assets and limitations, a grade improved (or re-evaluated) by specific tutors for higher level achievements; Should our students decide to proceed to further licensing. In a sense, a report card of efficiency and effectiveness presented with the achieving, or failure, or a certificate accompanying, if requested, the license recommendation.
MISSION OBJECTIVE: (Morals)
It is our intention to apply a concept of "team-work tutorship" between instructor and student ("Analytical Trouble-Shooting" method) whereby both grow and develop in an openness relative to current trends and pulse of the times. In regards to experience and theory, the tutor is to be somewhat of a Level One "sage" while appreciating, at the same time, the various "talents" each student reveals and expresses in the duration of the course … tutorship!
Primary: It is reasonable to segregate the individuals, within the class, under three categories;
1. The fast learners and the hyper-actives (approx 10%) Expedients!
2. The average means' of the main body of students (approx 80%)
3. The slower learners and lethargic (approx. 10%) Apprehensive!!
The purpose of this is to develop a "buddy system" of the lethargic working with the hyperactive as special student "tutors" which, besides supporting each other with 2nd opinions, will also set a reasonable pace throughout all sessions and define for the instructor those that require more quality time. Furthermore, it will accentuate three specific behavioral patterns within the class;
· Hostility types that tend to confront instructors
· Moderate and methodical
· Passive individuals that tend to hesitate asking questions
Upon setting a comfortable atmosphere, the instructors can rapport comfortably enough to discuss attitudes and characteristics; whereby limitations of character and a re-evaluation of reservations could give possible reason to deny recommendations of license. Apply the following chart for that tutor/student rapport;
The following is how we perceive Level One (in regards to driver instruction and assessment) and Level Two (in regards to evaluating driver for graduation)
· Level One Temporary: Skills/Aptitude 1 to 2 for Orientation/Apprentice
· Level Two Graduated: Skills/Aptitude 1 to 3 for Expert License
· Level Three "Potential": Skills/Aptitude 1 to 4 for Skilled Licenses
· Level Four "Potential": Skills/Aptitude 1 to 5 for Specialist Licenses
· Level Five "Potential": Skills/Aptitude 1 to 6 for Professional Licenses